We are seen as a Premier Club in District 1180 and we continue to lead the changes that are necessary for New Rotary. We are not a stereotypical Rotary Club. We believe in involvement from the whole club. We believe in transparency, we believe in one vote one member. We try to bring everything out in the open. We are a flexible and innovate club.
- We have given the club one member one vote,
- We’ve created a new procedure for Paul Harris nominations.
- The club has also reviewed its Trustees.
These changes will be logged in the procedures relevant to the Saughall Club to avoid any misunderstanding going forward.
For a high achieving club it was strange that only one PHF had been awarded in the previous 3 years. That was corrected with 3 awards in one night, presented by DG Chris Sumner in September 2015.
L-R: President Andrew Errington, PP Beryl Cotton, Craig Warburton,
Julie Neenan, DG Chris Sumner
We anticipated the need for new members and planned a rebuilding job at the start of my tenure with a ‘New Members Evening’ in January 2016, which has been widely advertised at each of our events. This change in emphasis leaves us in good position as our ‘New Members Evening’ on 21st January 2016 will see the whole club come together as one, with a new transparent philosophy.
Kristoff, our IT specialist, was nominated to tweet and blog @rotary voices, which is a great honour for our club and enabled us to receive further exposure. He also helped and contributed to the launch of the Rotary e-Club Wales and West. We have tapped into his expertise and asked him to build a brand new website in preparation for ‘New Members’ night. We then hope to submit the website for consideration of the District website trophy.
Michelle is bringing together our Facebook accounts to tidy up what had gone on before and has been invaluable with her social media expertise when advertising in the run up to events.
Viola continues to work on PR with newspapers and local magazines.
As part of New Rotary, improving communication with local clubs became a priority for the current President. He has so far chaired 7 monthly meetings with 9 other local Rotary clubs. We have ensured that our events don’t overlap, we have shared event and club experiences and we have created an information flow that has not existed before.
– We joined forces with Royden Revolve for a trip down the Mersey
– We were responsible for catering at the Chester Disabled Games
– We raised over £1000 at Martin & Julies’ Clay Pigeon Shoot.
– Chester Rugby World Cup Beer Festival was a new venture, we raised over £3k
– Support for Remembrance Sunday was organised by Alf
– Quiz night at the VI, organized by Dave, raised nearly £1k
– Santa and his sleigh collected £1530
– Golden Link lunch was organised by Anne
– Christmas Party at Floral Pavilion was an Abba night
– New Members Evening, run by Roger, has been widely advertised.
– Race night is planned?
– Could be Debenhams Whistle Stop?
– Maybe an auction night?
– Dragon Boat Challenge 2016
– Charter night/ Handover